Maine’s Bicentennial Food Podcast
In celebration of Maine’s 200th birthday I’m excited to launch my podcast with a series, Maine’s Bicentennial Food Podcast.
As you know Maine has one of the richest and most fascinating food and drink scenes in the country. This signature series will take a deep dive into Maine’s food story – past, present and future, showcasing Maine’s most creative and accomplished culinary taste-makers, food innovators and entrepreneurs.
When I left Mumbai 24 years ago, I never dreamed or imagined that Maine would one day be my home, my happy place. I knew I had to find a portal to somehow share my passion for Indian cuisine and tie it into my deep love for Maine’s rich and dynamic food scene.
This Bicentennial Food Podcast series is my gift to Maine on its 200th Birthday! I wanted to provide a platform, a portal of sorts to share some incredible ‘maker’ stories that capture Maine’s entrepreneurial spirit and ethos. I’m hoping with this podcast I am able to deepen the dialogue and conversation as to why Maine is a formidable state for small businesses to thrive, create and innovate.
Check out this amazing line up of guests:
- Susan Axelrod – Food + Special Projects Editor, Maine Magazine and Maine Home & Design
- Maine Food For Thought – Sarah & Bryce Hach, Co-founders
- Bixby & Co. – Kate McAleer, Co-founder
- Rob Dumas – University of Maine, Orono’s, Food Science Innovation Coordinator
- Gelato Fiasco – Joshua Davis, Co-founder,
- Coffee By Design – Mary Allen Lindemann, Co-founder
- The Holy Donut – Leigh Kellis, Founder
- Luke’s Lobster – Luke Holden & Ben Conniff, Co-founders
- Stonewall Kitchen – Jim Stott & Jonathan King, Co-founders
- Standard Baking Co. – Alison Pray & Matt James, Co-founders
- SKORDO – John & Cari Karonis, Co-founders,
- Chef Kerry Altiero – 2019 Chef of the Year, Cafe Miranda
- Cal Hancock – Hancock Gourmet Lobster Company, President
- Kathy Gunst+ Katharine Alford – ‘RAGE BAKING’, Co-authors
- Chef Melissa Kelly – Primo Restaurant, Owner
- Chef Sam Hayward – Fore Street and Lee Straw – Straw’s Farm, Owner
- Bettina Doulton – Cellardoor Winery, Founder
- Atlantic Sea Farms – Briana Warner, CEO
- Maine Grains – Amber Lambke, CEO & President
- Rob Tod – Allagash Brewing Company, Founder
- Nancy Harmon Jenkins – Cookbook Author and Chef Sara Jenkins – Nina June restaurant, Owner
- Split Rock Distilling – Topher Mallory and Matthew Page, Co-founders
- Linda Greenlaw – New York Times bestselling author and swordfish Captain.
- Karl Schatz & Margaret Hathaway, Co-authors, Maine Bicentennial Community Cookbook, 200 Recipes Celebrating Maine’s Culinary Past, Present, & Future.
I hope this podcast inspires you to explore the best of Maine’s food scene and your own culinary heritage. Join me as I take you on a culinary adventure with each formidable guest on this show!
Be sure to hit the subscribe button on your favorite app! Find us on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn and Google Play.